ES - Gulf War Meal Planning on February 7th!

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Tue Feb 1 20:04:44 PST 2000

Seeing everyone on  this list brings to mind a potential issue.  That's a
lot of people to cook for.... Not an un-solveable problem... Just one that
needs preplanning.  Since Allessandre has volunteered to coordinate the
meals, I'll help her by keeping the list of who can bring what equipment to
help with the cooking.

Tables shouldn't be a problem, we can borrow the folding tables from the
Baronial storage.  One 8 foot folding table should hold three propane stoves
with a few inches left over for cooking utensils.  I figure will need at
least 2 table just for stoves.  1 for preparing food and 1 for dishes.
That's a total of 4 from storage directly for the kitchen.  Good topic for
the planning meeting.... Do you think we need more or less tables?  (My
opinion is you can never have tooo many tables.)

Now tables for folks to eat at.  I'll bring my 2  - 8 foot plastic folding
tables and Xene also has two of the same tables... I wonder if she'll bring
them?   They will seat 8 folks each (3 on each side 1 on each end) x 4 = 32
folks... If more people sign up we'll need another table.  I can go buy one
if needed.. I like them and could use another.

It's Pots large enough to cook in for that many people, and enough stoves
and propane cookers to cook it.  I don't think I have anything big enough to
cook a stew for 30 people.  I only have 1 two burner propane stove.  One
really big pot will take up 2 burners on a propane stove.  We'll need more.
Think about what you have that you can bring, make sure you mark your stuff,
(I have an engraver/etcher if you need it).  Let me know what you can bring
at the meeting so I can coordinate the equipment.

When you're planning your possible meal make sure you consider portion
control for cooking and serving.  We can discuss those things at the
meetings.    I'm looking forward to this, we've done this before with much
success, I was full at meal time the whole time I was there and only did a
small portion of the work.  This is definitely a many hands make for light
work event!

Arabella