ES - Stepping Down

Amy and Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Tue Feb 8 16:59:15 PST 2000

   I would like to thank Their Majesties for the opportunity to present my
opinion even if I am unable to attend the 28 Feb meeting.  I daresay those
with work conflicts, or who live in our further reaches and Cantons also are
grateful.  I was concerned that the original draft (appended below) made no
such provision.  It is our duty to offer our best judgment, even if the
quality of the candidates makes the choice difficult.
   I would like to repeat that I have faith in Their Excellencies judgment,
I am impressed by the superb quality of the candidates, and I trust Their
Majesties to make a good decision.  Any concerns I may have had were in
connection with the process.
   If there is anyone who needs a ride to the meeting, or any other help to
come, please post to the list.  I am sure if I am unable to help you another
member of Elfsea will be able to do so.
   As Their Majesties have commented, the time period for notification is
somewhat slim.  I would like to suggest that if you know anyone who doesn't
get the Scroll, please make sure that they know about the polling.

Mableth

> Greetings,
>
> The Baron and Baroness of Elfsea have decided to step down at Elfsea
> Springfaire. They have been outstanding leaders for nearly four years, but
> their family and work are demanding more time than the jobs of
> Baron/Baroness will allow. Llywelyn and Xene will continue to be an active
> part of Elfsea.
> The Crown will poll the populace at the February Moot (February 28, 2000)
> help them decide who should be the next Baron and Baroness of Elfsea.
Please