ES - Springfaire Gate Fees

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at home.com
Fri Feb 11 13:34:58 PST 2000

Timothy wrote:

 Just some ideas, but I see no reason not to reward Society members with
a lower gate-fee.

Xene here

I would rather have a drawing for a prize with the membership numbers, like
they did in Bonwicke.  (Rewards for memberships instead of punishments for
lack thereof).
Do I hear people volunteering to provide prizes for a drawing?   Tickets for
a drawing?

Or if we have a raffle of some kind, offer paid members a better deal on the
raffle tickets.  6 for $1 instead of 4 for $1?

And as for tracking funds and having a different price at the gate, the
Reeve has enough on her hands as it is.  Remember, we don't have paid
accountants to track our stuff, just volunteers like you and me.  Keep it as
simple as possible for the gate!!!!!

And yes, Llywelyn and I have Sustaining Memberships each, and both children
are family members.  It simplifies checking in the children at a site and
they are covered by the insurance.  We only get one Black Star, and get the
Compleat Anachronist with the other Sustaining Membership.  Yes, it would be
cheaper to do it as one family, and we have done so in the past, but when we
can afford it, both adults pay full price.

Timothy, don't you think we have enough to keep us busy for right now?

Your harried Baroness,
Xene