ES - Heal Thyself first

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 08:38:11 PST 2000

>From: willowjonbardc at juno.com
>The problem isn't with the bad stuff, the
>problem is our events are boring.

I don't normally do this but...

HERE, HERE!!!

>We need to start playing again. Not just at Gulf Wars but all the >time.
>Everyone of us need to learn a song, story or poem. We need >to play our
>personas.

I must admit, I see little of that anymore.  I remember once in Bjornsborg,
it was just a little event.  A curia I think... where the Baroness was
parcelling out land to her favorites and getting tithes.  Everyone was
having a blast because we were all playing it up!  It was a lot of fun even
for me (who did not know what was going on all the time).  It was like being
in the middle of a play, but you could add your own lines in as well.  It
wasn't scripted but there were 'guidelines' to follow.

There was another in BrynGwlad, it was an all-summer affair (literally)
where secret admirers would woo a lady.  At the end there was this little
"court" where the suitors would present themselves and the ladies would
learn who was 'theirs'.  Xene can verify this, she was one of the ladies
(even though she brought action against Sir Ricardo - for trying to woo a
married woman).

I had hoped of doing this in Elfsea, but it didn't take root like I'd hoped.

>I know this because I am a role player and I haven't been able to >role
>play at event for over three years and I am thinking of >dropping out. I
>certainly don't want to pay money for this game. I >think it is about time
>all you "red taped" people stop making up >more rules and start thinking
>about bringing back the Ansteorra that >was fun. Creative was the part that
>interested me, what about you?

I wholeheartedly agree; more stories, more songs and poetry.  More glory,
more pomp, more roleplaying.  Quick! Catch Don Quixote if you can and see if
he can teach us his madness which reveals the beauty of our Game, our Dream.

Pax,
Allessandre Desiderio