ES - Stepping Down

Richard Threlkeld rjt at acm.org
Mon Feb 7 18:51:40 PST 2000

Though you addressed your comments to their Excellencies and they
will probably respond, I would like to use this note as impetus to
list our expected path. We have run the plans by the Crown and the
Kingdom Seneschal and have their acceptance. The date was set by the
Crown after consideration of their schedules and the need to begin
training the new Baron/Baroness. Your issues are valid and I expect
the Crown and their Excellencies will consider them.

The plan is to publish the call for attendance at the polling through
email and through a mailing to all internal (within Elfsea) subscribers
of the Scroll. The mailing will be as follows (still subject to minor
changes, however).

Greetings,

The Baron and Baroness of Elfsea have decided to step down at
Elfsea Springfaire. They have been outstanding leaders for
nearly four years, but their family and work are demanding
more time than the jobs of Baron/Baroness will allow. Llywelyn
and Xene will continue to be an active part of Elfsea.

The Crown will poll the populace at the February Moot
(February 28, 2000) to help them decide who should be the
next Baron and Baroness of Elfsea. Please make every effort
to attend this meeting and make your views known. Inform
other members of this Barony of the meeting.

If you wish to apply for the position, send a written request
for an interview to Their Majesties at
	Craig and Lisa Carter
	7632 Castillo Rd.
	Ft Worth, TX 76112
Final interviews to determine candidates for the polling
will be held no later than February 24, 2000.

In Service to Elfsea and Ansteorra
Caelin on Andrede, Seneschal to Lord and Lady Elfsea