ES - SpringFaire Norse Stuff

SiobhanON at AOL.com SiobhanON at AOL.com
Thu Feb 10 13:37:32 PST 2000

DonnelShaw at AOL.com writes:

<< the Frugal Garb contest.  What is the limit?  Can you publish the rules
now,
  so that people all over Ansteorra have a chance to compete? >> >>

Here's the scoop.
    Each entry must be made for $25.00 or less. We would love to have
receipts. However, if most everyone else is as bad as I am about keeping them
as I am, we can do without. We rely on Honor, Nobility, and Chivilry. Please
don't cheat. You probably have an idea about how much per yard you paid for
most of your fabrics. We are looking for as complete an outfit as you can
get, the more the better. If you can include undergarments and accessories
with your entry, it adds up to more points. If you remove old trim from an
old garment to use, please realistically figure what you would pay for that
bit of trim if you found it at a garage sale or flea market and add that to
the price. If you haven't a clue, show me the item and I will tell you what I
would agree to pay for it. The only items that do not need a value will be
items you won or were given as largess for something you did. But please be
sure to list when and where you received such items. That is part of your
reward for service to the Barony and Kingdom. If you have any more questions
or need any more clarification, please e-mail me or contact me directly. I
encourage everyone to enter.
    Also, I will be taking donations for the winners of the contest. If
anyone has any fabric, trim, sewing supplies, or other largess they would
like to donate to a worthy cause, the frugal garb contest is an excellant
source.
    I'm looking forward to seeing many entries this year. Come on, everybody,
let's get started. Spread the word.

In Service,
Lady Siobhan
Frugal Garb Contest Coordinator
Lady in Waiting to Her Excelency, Mistress Xene