ES - Springfaire Gate Fees

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Tue Feb 15 21:41:18 PST 2000

Dear Timothy
If you mean it as an award for being a member you need to state it
differently.  Ten dollars site fee and a two dollar discount for being a
member.
I would like to mention something. The money we paid to our national fee
does not support our local groups. It goes so board members can fly to
Europe free. Most of the support of our local groups comes out of the
pockets of the people playing. Everyone of them makes something happen.
Many of them don't have the 35.00 dollars to pay national fees but they
put up the money that makes the local events. If 25 people come to one of
our events and 5 of them decide they will stay and play we are 5 times
richer. If one of them decide that they like the SCA enough to become a
national member then the board has more money too. If we scare those
people off by making it too expensive to come then we are all poorer. If
we scare them off by making class distinctions being paying members and
non paying member  we are penny proud and dollar poor.
Yours
Willow de Wisp