ES - Persona play

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 08:28:02 PST 2000

Wesan ge hal!

Galen,  I too have been interested in persona play.  Also I have heard
requests at various times for people finding people to teach such things or
to simply help with information for people who would like to do it better.
    If other people are willing to throw their hats into the ring, I would
certainly either give a class or write a pamphlet on Early Angle personas
and possibly expand it out to the "Anglo-Saxon" times.
     While I am not necessarily an expert, I have indeed tried to learn as
much as I can to make my persona more authentic.  I study dialects of the
Angles (as opposed to the more commonly used West Saxon), migration patterns
(Cyniric is very early-5th century, cultural ties, Christian writing styles,
runes, mythologies, instrument construction, and other such things.  I also
have been developing a fairly interesting persona history which incorporates
a good deal of this.  I can tell you Cyniric has relatives from The HUmber
River to Uppland in the land of the Swedes and a few points in between just
based on a few readings.  When combined with the fact he is a wagon driver/
trader, this makes for the possiblity of entertaining stories.
   Perhaps even a class on persona equivilants for our various titles and
ranks and greetings and farewells would be in order.  Little things like
those could go a long way to making persona play.
   For myself, research is one of my few true strengths and I am willing to
share what I can.

Fare hal!
Richard Culver (Cyniric Cyniwarding's mundane alter ego)