ES - Role-playing

Connie Fielder eleanor34 at webtv.net
Wed Feb 16 12:30:53 PST 2000

Because of the discussions now being carried out on the subject of
higher persona  and role-playing, I thought I might share this......

Her Grace Willow, Her Excellency Michelle Chantal de Charente and
myself, will all be doing some serious role-playing at an event in early
May. It is Brad Leah's "Conquest of the New World". We will be
personifying (or doing our best to) real, historical queens; I was
invited to play QE I of England.

Now granted, everyone who knows me knows I do not have marble, white
skin or red hair, or long tapering fingers or weigh 100 Ibs..........but
I WILL be Elizabeth. I will have red hair adorned with pearls, I will
have a fancy shmancy dress, neck ruff and all!  I will have Robert
Dudley, Earl of Leicester, on my arm; I will have
ladies-in-waiting.......and I will have a throne. Before my English
forces battle with France (HE Michelle) and Spain (HG Willow), I will
give an impassioned speech to my army........for that weekend, I will be
Elizabeth of England. Yes, a challenge to say the least, but it was
offered and I've accepted......

I have no doubt that HG Willow and HE Michelle will also have their
roles down, so come to 'Conquest' in May. Archers, rapier and chivalric
fighters are needed for all 3 armies;  musicians, jugglers, storytellers
are heartily welcomed!

Here is an event where high persona and role-playing are the themes, so
come and indulge with the rest of us! If these are things we enjoy and
would like to see more of, then let's do it! : )

I remain,

Baroness Eleanor de Broke
Mendersham