ES - Armoring supplies

GulesBaron at AOL.com GulesBaron at AOL.com
Mon Jan 10 17:46:12 PST 2000

I have had two helmets that I fought in regularly (at least twice a week)
against Michael of Bedford and I have only had a couple nails fail in the ten
years I used those helmets.  I have been using a bascinet for the last ten
years so haven't had to worry about this but unless the quality of metal has
degraded significantley in the last few years, a good 16 penny nail works
fine.  Most failures are due to the nails being cut too short so the peening
over process leaves too little metal over the hole and the vibration of the
joined parts eventually pulls the nail throught the hole.
Aside from this there is a company that does mail order rivets in several
sizes, shapes and materials.  Their website used to be www.rivetsinstock.com
and their number used to be 1 800-521-6777.  (I haven't been in contact with
them in a couple of years)  Min order is $25 and they also have rivet sets
available.
Hope this helps.
Geoffrey