ES - Armoring supplies

Amy and Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Fri Jan 7 11:27:06 PST 2000

Due to a track record of failures, screw rivets, and two part rivets in
general are not allowed in helmets.  I fought for 4 years in a flat top helm
entirely assembled with nails, and then passed it on as loaner, and never
had any problems with it.  Some kinds of nails, due to alloy, diameter, head
etc would not work.  Mine was assembled with old fashioned 'ten penny'
nails, the correct size, fairly easy to snip, and the metal work hardens
nicely.

Mableth