ES - Baronial College Booklet

Toby Pugh bearbard at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:16:28 PST 2000

Greetings unto all Interested in our upcoming Baronial College:

This year’s College looks as if it is going to be great, just from the
preliminary lists I have seen thus far.  And, part of the nature of the
beast is that many times one person cannot take all of the classes they may
be interested in.

This is my idea: a booklet made up of summaries/handouts/notes from each of
the classes offered.  It would allow everyone to have access to at least the
information from a class they may not have been able to attend, and would
also provide a record of what was taught that day for both the Barony and
the individual teachers.  It could be assembled and made available easily
and cheaply to the populace.

If this is a success, perhaps it can become something we could do regularly
for the College each year, as a record for the Barony and to add to our
library.  It could also be used to show others the kind of things we do/have
done.

At this point, I have two questions:

**  FOR THE POPULACE: Would you be interested in such a booklet?

**  FOR INSTRUCTORS:  Would you be interested/willing to write up at least a
summary/outline/major points for each class you intend to teach, provide an
additional copy of any handouts you may have for it, and perhaps include
some information about yourself, so we can assemble it together for those
who may not have been able to attend your class?  For classes that are
intended for a more “roundtable” or discussion format, at the very least
just a brief description of what the class is about -- maybe questions you
intend to address/tend to rise and/or the approach you intend to take.  Of
course, this may not work for every class, but it can at least provide a
description and a record.

This includes ALL teachers, including those for the Children’s Activities
classes.  Everything from BARDIC 101 and HERBALISM, to LEATHERWORKING and
HUMANISM.  (See?  I really have been looking at the list.)  Even the
fighting classes if we can – at least a description of what is to be
covered.

I’m just putting a feeler out – trying to get opinions.  Everybody’s got an
opinion, right?

What do you think?

Much Thanx   –   Antigonus

P.S.  Please forward this inquiry on to anyone interested in the College
that may not have access to the Elfsea List.