ES - Orange Question

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 11 19:19:39 PDT 2000

Due to my allergy to said fruit I haven't even ever considered oranges!
Upon consulting my books I find a french 14th century recipie for
candied orange peels. A recipie from the wharfe areas intended for
commoners includes oranges in 1653. glancing at the inexies of a few
other books on period food I have Oranges had spread to use by noble's
cooks and kitchens through the last three centuries of our period.