ES - Demo for Kids

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 10:07:03 PDT 2000

The demo I did for Diane's class was alot of fun! I had the entire 1st grade
class (almost 100 children).

What really made my day was watching Diane's class mates asking her a ton of
questions afterwards. I saw her self-esteem really rise that day and
thereafter!

What we did (Diane and I) was dress in garb. I became my persona completely.
To get there attention, I yelled "Oyea!" a few times which got there
attention alot faster than the teachers <hehe>. Once I had their attention.
I stared at the lights in the ceiling and looked at Diane and said to her,
"Diane is this what you call lights?" (the children giggled). I then went on
to explain what their lives would have been like in the Middle Ages (you
know no electricity, video games, etc.) and how they would have spent their
time. It was so funny to watch the children's faces (especially the boys)
when I told them that they would be preparing for marriage right now and
that at the rough age of 12 years they would be married. LOL

The boys got a real kick out of His Excellancy Galen's helm and chain mail
(thanks again Galen!!). The girls and teachers really liked seeing Her
Excellany Allesandre's needlework (thanks again, Allesandre!!).

I had the same problem, Colin...the teachers couldn't get the children to
quit asking the questions and me and Diane from answering them. Afterwards,
(with teacher's permission) I handed out color sheets with a knight and
crown on it. On the backside was information concerning the The Highland
Games (dates, times and tickets) and told them that if they wanted to see
knights fighting or if they wanted to see more needlework that they could
see us there. A few of the children did come out and see us (or so some of
the children and parents told me).

I would love to do one for the older kids next year. I will probably ask the
Vice Principal next month about it.

I just love doing demos!
Maria

----Original Message Follows----
Another really special thing:  Ever get a packet of
thank-you letters from an elementary school class?

That'll just make your whole month!

- Galen

Quoting Adriham at AOL.com: