ES - New Pattern Site

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:48:31 PDT 2000

Beunos Dias!

I'm sorry if this takes up bandwidth, but I know of at least a couple of
people in our barony who would like the following information.

I am currently subscribed to the SCA garb list. There is a lady on there who
has just started her own pattern web-site. Normally, I don't get excited
over this kind of thing, but her patterns are sold by the entire "set". In
other words, when she sells you the pattern, it includes the underpinnings,
the dress, and the accessories! Below is what I got from her web-site:

*High quality historical patterns created by an experienced professional
costumer
*Computer drafted and graded for consistent fit
*Extensive, carefully researched documentation
*Complete size range in each package
*Patterns for men, women, and children
*Contains patterns for all garments needed for complete costume, with
multiple style choices
*Clearly written instructions
*Fabric, trim and embellishment guide, with source list
*Sturdy, resealable packaging
*Easy-to-fold heavy tissue pattern paper
*Documentation prepunched for 3-ring binder for flexible, modular
organization
*Each package represents years of study, research, and experience

She just got online and the patterns aren't won't be available to buy until
Spring 2001.  Right now she is asking for beta testers. (My Lords, you might
want to go ahead and send in your info now even though she isn't asking...if
you are interested.) She is asking for all sizes (up to a size 30) and types
of sewers (beginner to advanced).

She is going to be very reasonable for what you get (she's quoting $48 for
the entire package)

Her web-site is as follows:

http://www.margospatterns.com/

I have signed up as a beta tester (I'm tired of those ill-fitting and
frustrating Period Patterns). I'll keep you updated about her patterns, if
she chooses me as a tester (if you wish).

In Service,
Maria