ES - Black Watch?

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Jul 6 11:30:48 PDT 2000

Greetings denizens of Elfsea,

The Black Watch (bagpipes, drums, and the Prince of Wales's Division Band and Choir) is playing on Sunday, September 24, 2000, at 8PM at the Bass Hall in Fort Worth. Pyro and I are going with another couple. Is there sufficient interest to get a group up?

We are aiming for the Mezzanine where tickets are about $45/person.The prices range from boxes at $55/person to Upper Gallery at $22/person. This is a bit pricier than a movie, but not too bad for a concert. With the Black Watch's volume, the close in boxes/orchestra pit seats are probably not as good as the more remote seats.

Email me if you are interested. I will be buying tickets this weekend.

Caelin on Andrede

>From the Brochure:

The legendary pipes, drums, and highland dancers of Scotland's Black Watch join forces with the Band/Choir of the Prince of Wales's Division for an evening celebrating the music of four nations: England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. This performance, with 70 performers onstage, will feature bagpipes, traditional military marches - on stage and in the aisles! - drum solos, Celtic dancing, and such beloved songs as "Londonderry Air", "Colonel Bogey's March", "Men of Harlack", and "Land of Hope and Glory". A spectacular evening of rousing music, colorful pageantry and excitement for the whole family!