ANST-Announce - Northern Regional War Practice (Gunch and Munch Style)

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Jul 24 21:34:48 PDT 2000

Believing that practice makes perfect, and nothing beats a good melee, lets
have another war practice !!!!

There will be a combination Northern Regional Fighter Practice/Pennsic Pity
Party/Gunch and Munch Saturday August 18, 2000 in Mooneschadowe
(Stillwater, OK).

Sir Asoph Hearts and Sir Alrek Kanin have volunteered to have a basic
glaive class for those who want to work on this versatile weapons form.

Combat archery is allowed  at this site, so Archers, bring your bows.

My Lady Gilyan and I will be providing meat (hamburgers, hot dogs, and
ribs), bread, and condiments.  We ask that all coming please bring
something like a sodas, water, chips, fixings (tomatoes lettuce etc)  and
we'll have a great barbecue after the fighting is done.

so as to prevent winding up with 20 bags of chips and nothing to drink, how
about:

last name begins with a-i   chips
                      j-r   drinks
                      s-z   paperplates etc

Sir Asoph and Baroness Michelle will be bringing  produce, so thats
covered.

If you just want to bring money then $3 would probably be nice and we'll
send someone to the store to buy stuff with it.

The site is very good, and there has been a excellent breeze from the lake
for to help cooling off.

Hard Facts:

Who: Hopefully every fighter within 500 miles :).
When: Saturday August 19th, 5:00 pm
Where: Boomer Park, West Pavilion, Stillwater OK. (see below for
Directions)
Why: Do we really need a why? Melee's!!!
How: ehh....

Schedule:
5:00 pm or so.  Arrive.
5:30 Basic Glaive class.
6:15 Melee practice.  Might include working on scenarios, might just be
free form....  Whatever the fighters want...
(Dark PM) practice over - eating begins :)

Directions:
>From the south:  Take I-35 North to highway 51 (exit 174).  Take 51 east
into Stillwater.  Take a left on Main Street and go north.  Follow main
street past lakeview road and you'll see the park on the right.  Go past
the national guard armor, and take the first right into the park.  Follow
the road to the left until you get to the second pavilion.  We should be
set up around there.

>From the Cimarron Turnpike: take the second Stillwater exit (not the
Perkins Rd. one)  and go south to past airport road.   On the left you'll
see the park about 1/2 mile from Airport road.  Turn left into the park,
Follow the road to the left until you get to the second pavilion.  We
should be set up around there.

>From Highway 51 from the West : go into Stillwater, and go to Main street.
 Take a right on Main Street and go north.  Follow main street past
lakeview road and you'll see the park on the right.  Go past the national
guard armor, and take the first right into the park.  Follow the road to
the left until you get to the second pavilion.  We should be set up around
there.

Ld. Jean Paul de Sens
Northern Regional Warlord

Carl Chipman