ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 14 13:10:46 PDT 2000

Please don't cry your Excellency!!!!! Moving the rapier list will likely
cause as many logistical snags as it fixes I threw it out mainly as an
idea. I can argue either side. However, My primary point is that I don't
like to see the two disciplines competing with each other. Each has
beauty and a sense of style that the other simply can not compare with,
because even though they both involve swords, they are different. I am
also not saying that Rapier _can't_ Compete with Chivalric fighting for
attention. I like the idea of fighting for the Honor of my Baroness in
this list just as I fight for her Majesty at Queens. We rapier fighters
have a flare and vanity that can lend itself very well to pageantry and
fun.

This said I would have one problem using His Excellencies outline for
rattan fighting and holding rapier fighting.  The list that Galen
outlines would be quite lengthy, It also entails our Baroness to be the
principal in the Ladies Pavilion and part of that tourney choosing the
Lord Challenger for the melee round. Well how can we rapier fighters
compete for her attention if she is a rather important part of the
chivalric list??

Darius
(Offering a tissue to Her excellency to dry her eyes with)