ES - The Elfsea Defender Tournaments (long)

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Thu Jun 15 11:46:02 PDT 2000

Arabella here, see below:

> The baron and baroness are there, and a sizable crowd has
> gathered as well, and the range is designed to accomdate
> them.  The finest archers from all over Ansteorra have
> come, and the field is festooned with banners, pennants
> atop each target, and the heralds are ready.  Kerrick is
> determined to keep the collar of Defender of Elfsea, his
> home barony, but Lord Fearghus, the Royal Huntsman,
> Archery Champion of the Steppes and Guardian of the Tor,

and 2 time Archery Defender for the Crown Barony of Bordermarch (I'm proud
of my lord husband)

> is set on adding to his titles today the championship of
> what is also his home barony.  And former Defenders of
> Elfsea are returning, too, including Don Sebastion, and
> Lady Innes, as well as other great names of the firing
> line like HL Gilli, Lord Aldwin, Lord Plachoya, and up-
> and-coming archers like Master Pug, Laird Sean, and many
> more.  There is a golden arrow as a prize, as well as the
> traditional collar and banner, but the big prize is that
> the airline tickets donated by Lord Tarkus this year are
> going to the new Archery Defender.  Nobles and spectators
> are cheering for and wagering on their favorites.  By the
> time the archers have gotten down to the timed shoot
> round, though, the crowd is quiet and watching intently.
>
> much snippage

> The Baron & Baroness want to make Elfsea Defender a very
> big deal indeed.  Elfsea is a magical place to live, and
> I want us to make magic for Defender.  This tourney can
> be a time for heroes to do what heroes do.  Who's with
> me?
>
> - Galen Elfsea

You know I am always with you... I am excited about this years Defender....
I will do what I can to help make things work for you and this Barony.

I'd like to see the story you just wrote about the tourney go the the
Ansteorra list not as an advertisement but as a story.  It'll get others
around the Kingdom excited also.  You know people love to see their names in
print.

Arabella