ES - 4th of July BBQ

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 09:20:58 PDT 2000

>From: "G.R.Rhine" <PenGwen at ticnet.com>
>
>I would like to get an idea about how many people are going to be
>there.

Galen & I will be there with bells on (and a VCR in hand).  Do you need a tv
too?

>It isn't for the record or anything, but it would be nice if we
>could also get some idea about what people want to bring. We
>have ordered 2 briskets for the event. We may do some
>hamburgers and such as well, depending on what everyone wants
>to do, and how many will be showing up. Could we start a list of
>what people want to bring, please?

How does pasta salad sound?

>How about we start this shin-dig around 3 or 4 p.m.? That gives
>everyone time to do something else during the day, still leaves
>enough daylight to do whatever at the farm (people could bring their
>armor if they wanted to I suppose... or bows and such, we have
>room for that... or seige weapons for practice?.. hmmm... ideas are
>endless), and enough time for everyone to eat before dark and
>fireworks.

3~4 pm sounds perfect.  Sun will be on the "down slope" of the day and we'll
be getting geared up for dinner.  We can watch vids, play games
(watersports?), do some fighting (bring armor), or just hang out and watch
Afan's pretty horses...

>Now...  What does
>everyone think of this idea? Remember, be generous... fireworks
>are expensive... and you definitely want to get the most bang for
>your buck (pardon the pun).

Barring any (fireworks) going off from my wand, I think this is a good plan.
  If anyone thinks differently, please let me know what a fathead I am!

>Finally... directions.

(in a tiny voice) yea directions!

>(These directions presume you are coming from the Metroplex... if
>you are coming from another direction (like North or something) let
>me know and I will give you other directions.)

1. Take your best route to 820 West (North side of the loop).
2. Continue west on 820 to JACKSBORO HWY/TX-199.
3. Take 199 West to the Boyd exit (FM-730).
4. Turn right on FM 730 (north)Continue on FM-730 for about 5 miles.
5. You will see water towers at the top of a tall hill. Pass them.
6. Near the bottom of the hill you will turn left onto Knob Hill Rd.,
   between the fireworks stand and restaurant* (see footnote)
7. We are located about 2 miles down Knob Hill Rd, on the right.

The address 3191, is clearly  marked on the mailbox.

>My home number is (817) 498-6847. I will have my cell phone with
>me at the farm (817) 707-6847.

>(footnote)
>*The road is marked as Portwood to the right, Knob Hill Rd. to the
>left is not marked. On your left you will see a fireworks stand the
>near side of the intersection (THE fireworks stand) and on the far
>side of the intersection, there is a small restaurant/bbq
>place/barber shop. Knob Hill Road is between these two
>establishments.

Sounds clear as mud!  I am sure I can get myself lost between my front door
and my garage with them!  (Which end is north?)

Ciao,
Allessandre (the "not taking herself too seriously" Baroness)