ES - Re: beads?

SiobhanON at AOL.com SiobhanON at AOL.com
Thu Jun 1 17:00:57 PDT 2000

Matthew_G_Saroff at raytheon.com writes:

<<  People can watch someone doing work with a torch or forge for
 HOURS.  It's a good thing, and It's how it's done these days.  At an A&S
 competition, they don't mark you down for doing that instead of working
 out of a glassmaking furnace.
 --  >>

My personal opinion is that the torch would be great. The torch is small and
in complete control of the person using it. It is turned off when not in use.
It would not be aimed at any walls. If anyone has seen where I keep my torch,
and use it, it is very close to a wall but the flame is short. The area will
never be unsupervised so there should not be a question of children getting
hurt. I think that is one bit of mundanity that would really impress people.
We frequently stop to watch glass blowers at fairs and we don't see onlookers
getting hurt because they are controlled situations. No observer would be
allowed to touch the glass or torch. Tiki torches at events are a bigger
danger than watching beadmaking.
Lady Siobhan
Chancelor of the Exchequer - Elfsea