ES - Lady Fighters

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Jun 14 14:28:17 PDT 2000

Maria,

I am certain that with a little time, patience and a Dremel, we can make you a handle that is more comfortable in your hand, and in fact made to measure for your hand.  I have done something similar with my rattan weapons to give me a better grip and control, and it makes a great deal of difference in how I handle a rattan sword.

Padraig

Maria said -

>I do have a problem with the handles on the rapiers, too. I have very small
>hands (I wear a child size large in gloves) They are made for men's hands
>(which are bigger and like you said are constructed for their hands). Even
>the smaller handles, hurt my hands after 10-15 minutes of grip time.
>
>I wonder if the woodworkers guild could design or help us design a handle
>that would be comfortable for us ladies? I would do it, but I don't have the
>tools (a hammer and screwdriver don't count) :)
<snip>

--
Nunc Est Bibendum