ES - Defender and Tournies in General

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 14 18:31:08 PDT 2000

The idea suggested to move the Rapier List is not to say don't have
Rapier at Defender nor to say don't have Chivalric at Springfaire. It is
meerly one suggestion of a way to improve the focus for both. It is
certainly not the only way however. A rapier list can be held with less
focus than the titled chivalric list at Defender, just as a chivalric
list could be held with less focus than the rapier list at Springfaire.
Heck we could even have Heavy Melees going on during the Rapier Champion
and Rapier Melees durring the Chivalric. That would really expand the
fighting styles onf the area.

I do feel compeled to state though, that we don't have to have something
for everyone at every event we hold. Currently we almost always try to
have a Rapier list Chivalric List, Archery, and A&S displays at both
Springfaire and Defender. We must realize that in Elfsea our camping
events typicaly bring in an average of 300 + people. This is _huge_ to
alot of groups.  We _can_ specialize an event have a smaller showing and
still have a successful event. Both in terms of Money and fun. Namron's
Beltain is a good example. It is not always a huge event but it is
almost always a really good time. Oh, and there are no list fought at
that event.  If the Rapier Defender and the Chivalric Defender and the
Archer can all be chosen on the same day, Great! If in the future we
decide that we need to space things a little that's great to. The
important thing is that we have fun doing what we are doing.

At home in Elfsea
Darius

PS: Hey Daniel, I thought you said a sarcastic reply was comming?