ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney

Mordock von Rugen mordockvonrugen at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 08:23:57 PDT 2000

Well, my vote would go to maintaining a "Swiss Five" tourney.  If you want
some variation, maybe doing the fights "holmgang" or "ox-hide" style would
be fun.  Or perhaps allowing shields to be hit only three times before they
must be removed....

Small variation in the rules, but keeping the basics of the traditional
Defender tourney is what I'd suggest.

Dux

>From: "Estella Flather" <eflather at flash.net>
>To: <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: Re: ES - Elfsea Defender Chivalric Tourney
>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:54:00 -0500
>
>Greetings from Mistress Stella-
>	I have fought in Lyonesse, I have fought at Ravensfort Defender. I don't
>think we need to try to replicate these events. If you want to try
>something different like this, Spring Faire is the time. We try to have
>different and original types of tournies for variation at Spring Faire.

[snip]