ES - POEM Elfsea's Bardic Sheild Wall

Lady Simone ldy_simone at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 19:21:01 PDT 2000

Well I would Like to Present the claboration between Senán Mac Tighearnáin
and myself.
on the subject of the Bardic Competion Held at Steppes Warlord

Lady Simone

Elfsea's Bardic Shield Wall
By Senán Mac Tighearnáin and
Lady Simone Maurian Ui 'Dunlainghe

Oh, the year was Ado Societies thirty-five;
The Heralds call rang out, far and wide.
To the ear of every Bard across our Land;
The choosing of Steppes Bard, was now at hand.
Traveling from all points, the Bards they came;
Each to Perform, and give our lands fame.
Hoping for them, fortunes smile would fall;
Even through the strength, of Elfsea's, Bardic Shield Wall.

Twenty and seven Bards, did answer that call;
Nine of great skill stood, in Elfsea's Wall.
All in voice so rare, that warm star lit night;
With perfections kiss, the Bards gave, a wondrous fight.
Old and new Bards of Elfsea' this night did stand;
For honor and valor, to bring to their baronial Land.
Her own Baron, in the Muses light, stood tall;
Then he and his were dubbed, the Elfsea Bardic Shield wall.

Uriah of Israel's pride, gallantly took the field;
A love of the heavens, and faith he made all feel.
Nicolette in splendor, and grace, with style so grand;
Showed the folly of the fool, who lightly takes, a woman's hand.
Senán Mac Tighearnáin, brought glasses raised, in toasts of Love;
To the Ansteorran ladies, lifted higher than the stars above.
While Lady Simone sang, of a Queens's death to all;
The strength of her voice, added to Elfsea's, Bardic Shield Wall

Lord Antigionus stood tall, in the Black Stars noble light;.
As he questioned every heart, to see a Warlord's might,
Lord Timothy of Glastonbury, stood his ground;
He reminded every noble heart, of the Burned of the Crown,
Lord Phillip White taught all in sight, with glorious oratory might;
The image that was, Mary of Scots last, Noble Martyr's Fight,
Honorable Lord Darious brought a Lions Heart to all;
His dynamic presence, to support Elfsea's, Bardic Shield Wall.

Twas, as if the gods, and Muses above, did pray he stand;
Elfsea's Baron, in splendor stood tall, in Steppes fair Land,
Baron Galen of Bristol reminded all, of Duty and Nobility true;
of fetidly, honor, strength and valor, in action and manner due,
Elfsea's Bards did set the stage, that Warm Star lit night;
Themes of Love, and Duty did all bards show, with great might,
Elfsea's Bards performed as ner before, to answer Steppes call;
United as one, under their Baron, as Elfsea's, Bardic Shield Wall,

First Bard to last against our wall did most nobly stand;
>From start to finish, fiercely fighting, Elfsea's noble Band.
Every performance for a Noble's ear brought a hard blow to bear;
Talent of this like, was ner before heard, save in heavens ear.
The firelight dimmed, Elfsea's wall, still in splendor stood grand;
Came then, one Bard to stand, and answer Steppes' Noble Baron's demand,
For a Bard of Glory renown, to show  Steppes splendor,  to gentles all;
Baron Aethelstan Aethelmearson, Mortaly Stuck Elfsea's, Bardic Shield wall,

Aethelstan voice, painted pride of King, and Kingdom for all to see;
For memories and glories, of day gone by, and yet to be,
With his song, the Black Star rose again, in the hearts of men;
Valiant hero's he did boldly make, of our hard fighting men,
His noble tongue and warrior ways, called to all hearts in the night;
Elfsea's bards did acknowledge, this gallant Baron's skill and might,
Yield and buckle did our wall give way, to wait till, another sends the
call;
For we in honor and glory named, shall stand tall, as Elfsea's, Bardic
Shield Wall