To Arms! To Arms!

Timothy of Glastonbury forerynel at ansteorra.org
Tue Jun 20 15:58:49 PDT 2000

To Arms! To Arms!

The King of England would reclaim those sections of France which are
rightfully his, and the time to fight is at hand.  His Majesty of England
has sent orders to the Duke of Somerset to raise a force to answer this
call.  In turn, His Grace has sent word to all his lands to muster a force
in Bristol.

Lord Glastonbury has heard this call and would most handsomely reward all
those noble gentles who would fight beneath his banner for this valiant
cause.

This is a call for fighters to complete a company that will fight at the
Battle of Three Kings this November in the Shire of Rosenfeld.

If you have never been to a Three Kings, this is a DO NOT MISS event.

The company is about half filled (6 of 10), and each member of the Company
will enjoy the following benefits :

 * A large pavilion for the unit beside the listfield to provide shade for
the fighters and their ladies.

 * Livery to wear in the colors of Glastonbury

 * A Steak Dinner with favorite beverage

 * A day of high persona fun!

 * 20 combat arrows for every combat archer (offered by Master Richard
Fairborne to all English forces)

Specifically I have need of the following types of units :

 * 3 shieldmen

 * 1-2 spearman

Anyone who in addition to being a shieldman/spearman also has Combat
Archery equipment will be given preference.  Do not presume I have enough
already, please volunteer.  This offer has been open for many months and
only a few have taken me up on it.

The current force includes : Mistress Stella Silvana (Squire to Earl Barn
Silveraxe), Lord Fearghus McKenna (Man-At-Arms to Airaklee Wolf, Royal
Huntsman, Steppes Archer, Bonwicke Archer (twice-in a row), etc, etc),
Lord Caelin on Andred, Honor duBois, Herbert.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Timothy of Glastonbury