ES - 4th of July BBQ

G.R.Rhine PenGwen at ticnet.com
Tue Jun 27 15:59:41 PDT 2000

I figured if anyone (including me) wanted information about the BBQ
on the 4th, I had better put something on the list.

I would like to get an idea about how many people are going to be
there. It isn't for the record or anything, but it would be nice if we
could also get some idea about what people want to bring. We
have ordered 2 briskets for the event. We may do some
hamburgers and such as well, depending on what everyone wants
to do, and how many will be showing up. Could we start a list of
what people want to bring, please?

Several start times have been suggested to me, and I would say
whatever you all want to do is fine, but somehow I think that would
just end up in a lengthy discussion... therefore I am going to make
a command decision. Gastly of me I know... :)

How about we start this shin-dig around 3 or 4 p.m.? That gives
everyone time to do something else during the day, still leaves
enough daylight to do whatever at the farm (people could bring their
armor if they wanted to I suppose... or bows and such, we have
room for that... or seige weapons for practice?.. hmmm... ideas are
endless), and enough time for everyone to eat before dark and
fireworks.

Okay, so unless there are any major objections, that is what I
propose...What do you all think?

Now...
I spoke with the guy who owns the fireworks stand just up the
street from us. Last year he sent us home with several dollars (like
$50 - $100) worth of free fireworks. He suggested we use some
sort of code word so he could give a discount to anyone who was
going to the BBQ. While that may work, I thought it may be better
just to do donations... If we do that, and one person goes with a
pot of cash, we are likely to get an even better deal. What does
everyone think of this idea? Remember, be generous... fireworks
are expensive... and you definitely want to get the most bang for
your buck (pardon the pun).

Finally... directions.

(These directions presume you are coming from the Metroplex... if
you are coming from another direction (like North or something) let
me know and I will give you other directions.)

Take your best route to 820 West (North side of the loop). Continue
west on 820 to JACKSBORO HWY/TX-199.
Take 199 West to the Boyd exit (FM-730). Turn right on FM 790
(north)
Continue on FM-730 for about 5 miles.
You will see water towers at the top of a tall hill. Past the water
towers, and near the bottom of the hill you will turn left onto Knob
Hill Rd., between the fireworks stand and restaurant* (see footnote)
We are located about 2 miles down Knob Hill Rd, on the right.The
address 3191, is clearly  marked on the mailbox.

My home number is (817) 498-6847. I will have my cell phone with
me at the farm (817) 707-6847.

For those of you who are more visual, I can send you a jpg or gif
map... You can find Knob Hill Rd on page 1 of the Ft. Worth
Mapsco (brand name) or you can go to maps.yahoo.com, and type
in the address "3191 Knob Hill Rd, Azle, Tx" and it will get you
there

Okay, did I forget anything??? If so, you know where to reach me.

 ~Afan~

(footnote)
*The road is marked as Portwood to the right, Knob Hill Rd. to the
left is not marked. On your left you will see a fireworks stand the
near side of the intersection (THE fireworks stand) and on the far
side of the intersection, there is a small restaurant/bbq
place/barber shop. Knob Hill Road is between these two
establishments.