ES - What a glorious war!

Adam Harrison hookshot at star-telegram.com
Tue Mar 21 16:27:03 PST 2000

> My most prized memory of this war was the second field battle. The
Arthurian
> Company was positioned about 20 yards from the left end of our line in the
> second line of the shield wall (the first line, their reinforcements, then
> us). As the Trimarians moved to engage our wall, they began to shear to
> their right (our left). Wolf called for us to shift left and as a group we
> shifted to the left and then turned a little to our left to create a
shield
> wall on the left flank.
<snip>

About half of the Arthurians survived the Advance and actually continued
advancing until we were completely behind the enemy line.  several times Sir
Galen, Padraig, and Myself had to stop and ask the line in front of us if
they were Ansteorran or not.  Undoubtedly the second field battle was the
battle where we Shined the brightest.  Our advance worked so well that a
hold was called and the line was moved back about 20 feet so fighting could
resume.  We had pushed the Trimarians OFF THE FIELD!  Aside from Flying over
the wall that was my favorite battle.

Reviewing the video, I am even more pleased with my performance in the
second castle battle.  I was alone(and ALIVE) inside the fort for a solid
minute or more before another Ansteorran made it into the fort- the next 3
arthurians after me got picked off at the top of the ramp.  I don't mean to
boast here, I'm just a little more excited about how I did going over the
wall.

> I was later told that 12-15 of us had held the shield wall against 60-75
> enemies - the main force of the Trimarian push. They had stacked up behind
> their front line, unable to move while the rest of our line had begun
> rolling up their weaker shield wall on our right flank. A new wall had
> formed behind us before we were ordered to engage and we never did give an
> inch on that flank. Our attack had kept their attention on us while the
main
> Ansteorran group was rolling toward them.

Although this is probably true, I heard those stats for the first field
battle, where 15 Arthurians and 1 member of the liondragon guard spread
across nearly 25 yards of field held OVER 60 Trimarians for approx 20
seconds allowing enough time for the rest of Ansteorra to flank the
Trimarians and eventually win the battle.  When everything was said and done
MORE THAN HALF of the Ansteorran Army was standing on the field.  The
Arthurians had died, but our deaths were not in vain.  We were the reason
why Trimaris lost that battle!

Bjorn
who's dissapointed that he won't know until August if he can stand as an
Arthurian once more