ES - Elfsea Defender

M. Peet ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:24:01 PST 2000

>You know, when I toss out an idea about culture camps and
>the _only_ response has been how to accomodate those
>who don't want to camp in them, I have to wonder how much
>support for the idea there really is.
>
>Who is there who _wants_ to work on, and camp in, a campsite
>devoted to a particular culture?  It's a year and a half down the
>road, too soon to volunteer.  But who's hoping we'll do these
>again?
>
>- Galen
------------
Sir Galen,

My first event was Defender and I remember the Saturday night when visiting
the different cultures.  I had a moving feeling of what it would have been
like to actually visit a Norse home, complete with the longship sail above
my head and a huge pit all aglow of embers for cooking that night's dinner.
And, after watching the gypsies dancing with delight for the nights
merriment....well to say the least, I was in hooked.

I would like to see them return....and maybe with more time, they can be
planned to a grandeur that it deserves.  My 2 cents.

In service,
Ceinwen~