ES - Questions about Weapon Design.. (fwd)

Filemaker paul_mitchell at filemaker.com
Thu Mar 30 12:30:01 PST 2000

Hmmm, several days ago, Lady Aurelia forwarded the
following note she'd received to the Elfsea list...

The main material we use for weapons is rattan.  Usually,
it's wrapped in both strapping tape and then duct tape,
both for appearance and to prevent broken pieces of weapons
from flying into the audience.

> and what are the different
> techniques for the different weapons that you have?

That's much too big a question to answer any way than this:
You're welcome to come out to our fighter practice at Randol
Mill Park in Arlington Sunday afternoon, say about 3:00, and
see for yourself.

> we aren't your regular
> band of medievil hoodlums.. we instead of doing the middle ages of europe,
we
> are doin feudal japan..

So, you're an _oriental_ band of medieval hoodlums?  Our
organization focuses on Europe, but not to the exclusion of
Asia.  The SCA members' personas include virtually all
cultures prior to the 17th century (and some later, too).  But
yes, our main focus is pre-17th century western Europe.

> so any help would be appriciated, also if you have a
> meeting tomorrow, we would like to attend...
> thank you..
> Chris

Come out anytime; our calendar is on-line at http://www.elfsea.org.

- Galen of Bristol, Knight of the SCA, Baron-elect of the Barony of Elfsea
mailto:pmitchel at flash.net