ES - Gulf War Food - Changes

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 07:42:35 PST 2000

Hello Elfsea!

I knew this day would come but was hoping to forestall it... We need to make
a few changes to the plans we have made and hopefully I won't upset anyone
by them.

It has come to my attention that we are getting quite big and a growing
concern has been the proper sharing of responsibilities.  It has come to my
attention that there are quite a few people doing clean up, and a few people
doing double shifts of meal making (especially breakfasts & lunches).

I would like to suggest the following:

1. Robert of Slugglen (& his roommate who's name escapes me) take one of the
lunches originally being provided by Daniel Stewart.

2. Bjorn Grimmson & his Outlanders take one of the lunches originally being
provided by Galen & Allessandre.

[Lunches will consist of bread, luncheon meats/cheese, fresh veggies &
fruit, (and anything else they want to provide).]

3. I need volunteer(s) to help Arabella & Fearghus do one of the continental
breakfasts they are providing.  Please bring a box of your favorite cereal
and a quart of milk &/or juice, or some pastries. Or some extra of what you
usually have for breakfast.

4. Also, I believe Crandal could use some help with his omlette/ pancake
breakfast.  Please see if you could volunteer food (eggs, cheese,
ham/sausage, mushrooms or green peppers, etc) or help make
omlettes/pancakes.

Since there is going to be a new distribution of food, there will be a new
distribution of chores:

1.People who are assigned to the "clean up crew" for a certain evening make
certain the pots are clean and put away.  (I did not say _you_ had to clean
them, just make sure that they are.)

2.People on the clean up crew _always_ get first dibs on cleaning the pots
and pans.

2.People who provide cooking equipment are allowed to clean pots only once!

3.People who provide food/paper goods (ie continental breakfast, lunch) are
allowed to clean pots only twice!

4.People who cook a meal are not allowed to clean up after themselves! (They
will be allowed to clean some other night though.)

5.Anyone who comes in during the war to share a meal with us, gets the
privledge of cleaning the pots and pans used to provide his/her supper.

And Arabella is exempt from cleaning anything (even her plate)!  She has
provided quite a bit to this endeavor and is hereby exempt from cleaning
PERIOD!!

If anyone has any questions please (just shoot me) a response to this note
either privately or to the whole list.

Ciao,
Allessandre
(yes, my first cousin is Tom Sawyer.. howdja know?)