ES - Who Will Wear the Sable Star

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Tue Mar 21 20:24:51 PST 2000

OK, here's my contribution to new War compositions.
This is in answer to the King's challenge to the bards to
come up with alternatives to "The Rising of the Star".

There's a tune, I hope to sing it in public, and teach it
to y'all, soon.  Plenty of room for additional verses, too.

I hope you like it!

- Galen

_____________________

      WHO WILL WEAR THE SABLE STAR?
                            by Galen of Bristol

REF:  Who will wear the sable star?
          When war comes near, in battle far?
          No matter who the foemen are?
          Who will wear the sable star?

1.       When Ansteorra takes the field,
          Our forces to our foes revealed,
          The lines drawn up with spear and shield...
          I will wear the sable star!

REF

2.       In blue and gold, they're from Elfsea,
          The bold Arthurian Company,
          Their mastery of war you'll see!
          They will wear the sable star!

REF

3.       Marching, singing, from the north,
          The Liondragon Guard comes forth,
          No one can dispute their worth!
          They will wear the sable star!

REF

4.       Coming from the ocean's side,
          The Coastal Region's marshal pride,
          Attacking the opposing side!
          They will wear the sable star!

REF

5.       When to the field comes Alaric Drake
           The casualties the foe will take
           Will force their very lines to break!
           He will wear the sable star!

REF

6.        Down from the highlands comes Duke Kein
           His enemies may oft be seen
           All bathed in red, laid on the green!
           He will wear the sable star!

REF

7.         And when Trimaris comes again,
            With knights and warriors from the fen,
            Our king will call for able men!
            Will you wear the sable star?

REF