ES - Elfsea camping area

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Wed Mar 8 11:28:20 PST 2000

> But jury duty is fun and educational!  I got to send a crack dealer to
> jail once.  Never even saw crack before that.
>
> Maybe you'll get sequestered, then you can sleep off the war.
>
> Oh, and do not wear a Star Trek uniform, it upsets the judge.
>

> Charles O. Baucum Jr.

I have had the privilege of sending 3 meth manufacturers and
dealers to jail for 3 consecutive sentences of 70 years each,
one crack dealer (who was distributing through kids) for 25 years,
another crack dealer decided to plead guilty after looking at the
jury and I don't know his sentence, and one repeat offender on
DWI got a year. I got to be the foreman on 3 of the four juries.
Only the foreman's name is public record and most of the jurors
did not want the criminals to get their names.

I felt that I had done some small good for my community and learned
quite a bit about drugs and dealers that I had not known.

Caelin on Andrede