ES - Armour weight

Christine Fink eleefink at consultant.com
Wed Mar 8 19:35:27 PST 2000

I don't remember how much a suit of armour wieghs. But, last summer the
History Channel had a one hour special on the history of armour. One of the
interesting facts about full scale armour is that once worn it is so
flexible that one can actually do cartwheels (they showed a man in armour
doing carwheels)!

My theory is that it can't weigh that much if one can do carthweels. My
guess would be around 75 to 100 pounds? You might want to check their
website and see if they have any information or links on armour.

Maria de Vasquez