ES - Armour weight

Amy and Bill Morris awmorris at flash.net
Thu Mar 9 08:01:05 PST 2000

50 to 75 is about right according to my references.  A little less for light
cavalry when they stopped wearing legs late in period.  Up to 100 for full
jousting armor, but the picture doesn't show the jousting reinforces
(grandguard, pasguard, etc).  The helmet is a sallet and bevor combination
and added another 10 to 15 pounds.

I'll bring the picture to Business meeting tonight and to fighting practice
Sunday for anyone who wants to see the picture we're discussing.

Mableth