ES - What a glorious war!

Richard Threlkeld rjt2 at airmail.net
Tue Mar 21 11:48:15 PST 2000

Another (short) story.

During the fort battle when we were defending, the Arthurian Company was
included in the group which sallied forth to attempt to kill the archers and
the people running the various assault weapons (and their battering ram).
Apparently, this was successful (I say apparently, because by the time we
emerged from the main gate, their shield men had recovered and rushed us in
force - pinning us against the wall. We were all eventually killed after
killing many of them. Most of us could see little but the opposing line.)

As we dead watched the battle from our heavenly repose (at the edge of the
field), we could see the glave of one fighter inside the fort. He was
positioned between the two windows on the right side of the fort as we faced
the front. There were ramps positioned in front of both windows and
Trimarians were rushing up both of them. We would watch the glave hit the
helm of the man on the right ramp, watch him fall dead, then watch the glave
swing to the left in time to hit the helm of the man on that ramp and watch
him fall dead. This "cuisinart" action went on for many minutes. The pile of
dead inside the fort must have been hideous. Others may be able to name the
fighter. Alas, I cannot.

Caelin on Andrede
Dead, but its only a scratch.