ES - Storm

neil starkey raimonddemora at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:55:38 PST 2000

I have just spent the last 45 minutes reading all the messages that everyone
is OK.  This is a VERY GOOD THING.

Alright, you talked me into it.  Here is my story in brief.  I was, at  the
time of the Tornados, in the path on Loop 12 at the I-20 juncture.  I am now
very pleased to be driving a low profile heavy Volvo.  The winds were moving
straight horizontal across the road and there was a small amount of Hail.
(no damage to the car)  The storm subsided quickly and I found myself west
bound on I-20.  The traffic suddenly slowed to a crawl.  Less then a quarter
mile later, I was driving over the downed powerlines on I-20 and for the
next mile I, with all the other traffic, dodge 5 semi's on there sides.  If
you have not guessed by now, this was at I-20 and Collins, New York area.  I
must have been behind Galen and Alessandra by about 5 minutes or less.  Got
off the highway at Matlock and found it closed at Collins.  Found my way
thru dark nieghborhoods to Matlock and Green Oaks.  Talked to Fearghus and
Crandall on the car phone to find out the meeting was moving to Galen and
Alessandra's house.

So, as I said at the top of this missive, It is Very Good to hear everyone
has survived.

By the way we did have a very productive and surprisely well attended Spring
Faire Meeting.  Thank You everyone for your dedication to:

1. your family first
2. your friends second
3. and the game we enjoy

In Service (and Foolish Service at that)
Raimond