ES - We are back

Yukon yukon at teamunix.net
Sun Mar 19 16:26:50 PST 2000

 Hello all,

    Conor na Mara and I arrived back home this afternoon after leaving Gulf
Wars early yesterday evening to escape the impending weather.  We did run
into some rain late last night around Vicksburg and had it to contend with
this morning after leaving our motel but other than that we had a safe and
uneventful drive home.  I, for one, being this was my first FULL Gulf Wars
that I was able to fight in (we all know what happened last year, my first
Gulf War), had a wonderful time.  The battles were fantastic and all were
won by Ansteorra except for the last fort battle where we were unable to
take the castle.  The Arthurian Company did all of you very proud (and I'm
not saying that just because I'm also a member of it).  I wish you all could
have seen Centurion Airaklee's face every time he came off the battle field.
I've hardly even seen such a grin after he had watched his troops perform in
battle.  We had one casualty which I am still waiting to hear how it turned
out but Marmaduke either sprained or broke his ankle during the last fort
assault as he was going over the wall.  The last I heard last night was he
was being taken to a hospital to have it x-rayed.  I am thinking good
thoughts that he will recover soon.  By the way, this is after during the
resurrection battle on Thursday, during an Arthurian surge, he tried to take
out an extremely long Trimaran polearm, a Meridian tree ;)  And he was
almost successfull!!!  But that is another story.
    Everyone seemed to have a good time, fought well and I pray makes it
home safely.  I want to thank the graciousness of the Elfsea encampment for
making me feel welcome as Conor and I were camped with his knight in the
Western region encampment.  The food was great and the hospitality was even
better.  Please ask Lew about the middle eastern yell he heard Thursday
night, especially his response to it.  In fact Sir Galen had an equally
appropriate response as well :)  I also want to vivat Sir Galen's SCA
history and bardic performance Thursday night.  I have not had the privelege
to listen to him in a bardic circle before and I was very pleased to have
been there.
    Well I'm sure there are many other stories I'm missing but I'll leave
that up to others that were there to tell.  I need to unpack and get a full
nights sleep.  See you all soon.

Laird Sean of Argyll
House Mac an Ghabhann
Canton of Loch Ruadh Archery Marshal (Acting)
Barony of Elfsea
Kingdom of Ansteorra