ES - Marmaduke at the War

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Tue Mar 21 17:30:12 PST 2000

"Galen of Bristol" <pmitchel at flash.net> said -
>>Good Gentles,
>>
>>I was inspired by Marmaduke's valiant and enthusiastic actions at the War,
>and have composed a >lay for him - my first, and I hope not the last,
>inspiration for verse and song from the War.
>>
>>Padraig
>>
>>Marmaduke at the War
>>
>>Hear now the lay of Marmaduke Treebane,
>>Slayer of Trimarians, killer of trees.
>
>GREAT!  JUST GREAT!
>
>- Galen

Thank you.  I must add that the rhythm and cadence was still fresh in my mind from hearing you recite "The Death-Lay of Bowie" while waiting for Their Majesties at Court on Friday evening, which is what led me to chose this particular form for this piece.  I think that "Bowie" is one of the best pieces I've heard you do, and certainly my favorite.

Padraig

--
Nunc Est Bibendum