ES - Elfsea Defender - Classical Encampment Query

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Fri Mar 31 14:41:08 PST 2000

Galen here...

I said:
> >I'm talking about Defender 2001 because Her Grace Willow posted
> >the opinion that it takes 7 months to do a culture camp.  I am not
> >talking about Defender 2000 in this thread, but I certainly don't
> >oppose seeing culture camps at Defender this fall.

Antigonus replied:
> This is Antigons.  I believe that it was Darius that made mention of doing
> culture camps on alternate years.  It gives more time to prepare for them,
> and lets us try something a little different on the "off" years.

Well no, Darius' suggestion was a followup to my raising the topic
of Defender 2001.

I have no objection at all if someone wants to do a culture camp at
Defender this year.  Anyone so interested should be contacting Lord
Daniel and getting their crew together.  Also I reiterate that anyone
who's interested in autocratting Defender THIS YEAR should contact
Lord Caelin.

But in the three days since I brought this issue up, we've seen people
who want to do a Greco-Roman ("Classical") camp, a Renaissance
London camp, a Crusaders camp, an Irish camp (which I don't expect
to be restricted to a small cage, much as that might appeal to the Norman
in me) and a "Hunters & Wayfayers" camp (for those who don't choose to
camp with a culture camp, if I understood correctly).  Did I leave any out?
I feel confident that we can find coordinators for several others, as well.

Gee, the Baron-elect of a Barony has exactly ZERO authority to make
such a proclamation, but I think we should decide that we ARE having
culture camps at Elfsea Defender next year, 18 months hence.

Caelin, are we to the point where we need to bring this up at next
Moot?

- Galen