ES - Highland Games

Christine Fink eleefink at consultant.com
Tue May 16 10:47:28 PDT 2000

Hola!

Ok, now that I'm somewhat rested from Springfaire, it's time to get back on
the subject of the Highland Games that are a little over 2 weeks away.

Before I start. I would like to thank everyone for your support! You've
really kept me going and have encouraged me to work that much harder for you
and our barony.

This is what I need from you. If anyone has period pavilions that I might
beg, or borrow from you, please let me know. If you are not attending, I
will make arrangements to have them picked up (I will be loading the truck
Friday morning...that's June 2). I will make sure that they are well taken
care of. I would like to know by Friday how many pavilions we will have. So
far, I have set aside the children's pavilion and the Baronial pavilion. I
would like to have only period pavilions there.

A couple of weeks ago, there was some debate over whether we were going to
get tickets for the children. I have 2 children myself and would not be able
to afford to get them in for all 3 days. My decision is this... If your
child(ren) is/are under the age of 13, I will get tickets for them, whether
they are participating are not. I will probably put the children (the 8-12
year olds, depending on maturity and willingness) to work bearing water to
our volutneers. Children 13 and over, will not get tickets unless they plan
to participate for at least a couple of hours.

As far as children activities are concerned, Lady Bree has volunteered to
sponsor an activity. She will be showing children how to make favors to give
to our fighters. Thanks, Bree! What a great idea! Also, she said she has
some stories to tell the children. I have sent her e-mail to Lady Ameline so
they might get together and talk about other activities for the children.

I would like to see dancing out there, if that is possible.  If you have
music we can borrow or know a few dances that you can call, please let me
know. I need a teacher and dancers. I am a beginner dancer and know only 1
dance so far by heart. If you love to dance (whether you know the steps or
not), please let me know. If I have enough dancers and a teacher, we can
have a dancing demonsration. I would like to pull in onlookers and teach
them the different dances as well. I don't need a boombox. I have one with a
tape player and a CD player.

Bascially, my goal is to have something for every mundane that comes to our
area to see us.

For those of you have volunteered, I will be writing you e-mails tonight
when I get home from clothiers guild. Many of you have volunteered to bring
items or just had questions that need to be answered. I promise, I'm not
ignoring you. :)

Well, I think I've taken enough precious bandwidth for now.

In Service,
Maria