ES - fighter practice

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 10:12:54 PDT 2000

>From: "Richard Culver" <rbculver at hotmail.com>

>>Most of us were at the Glaslyn event which pitched the Baron/Baroness of
>>Elfsea against the Baron/Baroness of Steppes.

>It should also be noted, they switched partners as well so it was not
>always Steppes vs. Elfsea.

Even when Steppes and Elfsea pitted their "champions" against each other, it
was in a test of prowess, and courage and honor - and both sides WON!
Whoever was "victorious" on the field was an incidental, compared to the fun
and happiness that shone on the fighters' faces.  I would welcome all those
who fought in this tourney to come practice at Elfsea's and Steppes' fighter
practices.  (especially to get warmed up for WAR!!!) ;)

>As to the mini-tourney itself, on behalf of the Canton of Glaslyn, I would
>like to thank their Excellencies of the Steppes and >of Elfsea for
>participating and encouraging our fighters, both heavy  >and light.
>Thanks to those who bore the duties of waterbearing and  >list mistressing.
>  A special thanks to Lord Llew for hosting the >tourney and for the ideas
>which made it so much fun.

And on behalf of my husband and I, the Barons of Elfsea say THANK YOU for
hosting such a relaxed, breezy, and fun tournament.  And to all who helped
in the many and various ways, we cannot say thank you often enough.  With
everyone's assistance, this event has been a tremendous success.

Pax,
Alessandra, Lady Elfsea