ES - What a wonderous event!

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Mon May 15 11:48:07 PDT 2000

"I don't deserve this."  Usually when we say that, we're complaining.

This weekend, over and over again, we found ourselves reacting that
way.  When we arrived onsite and found that our household and
several friends had gone in to acquire for us a new Spinning Winds
round pavillion to camp in permanently, and that Daniel had made
us a new bed, we knew that nothing we could do would ever deserve
such generosity.

The first time we saw the work Stella & Arabella were putting in on
Galen's tunic, when we saw the heralds' tabards that Siobhan made
and the banners that Lavina and especially Juliana made, we knew
that we could never deserve to have such wonderful and talented
people put in so much work to make us look so very good.

When we offered to serve as Baron and Baroness, and when Their
Majesties, after polling the barony, selected us, we knew that we
could never deserve the honor of sitting in Elfsea's baronial thrones.

When we think of how much easier the task of serving as Baron
and Baroness will be because of the example of Llywelyn & Xene,
the finest Baron & Baroness we've ever seen in any barony, we
know that we don't deserve such an easy row to hoe.

When we consider all the hard work put in by Fearghus, Raimond,
Nicolette, Timothy, Innes, Armand, Mara, Virgil, Layla, Kerrick, Ceatta,
and so very many others to put on this event, in spite of the (to put it
mildly) inclement weather of Friday, so that this event could go off
so smoothly, and the efforts -- great and small -- of all the many people
who participate in the day-to-day running of the barony, we know that
we could never deserve to have such a wonderful barony to be Baron
and Baroness of.

We cannot deserve this.  But we can appreciate this.  And we
can strive to make sure that you, our many friends, the populace
of our great barony and its cantons and college, the Crown, and
God, never repent the kindness we have been shown.  And we
can pray for the grace to never forget to do what we can, never
forget to strive and appreciate, and never instead begin believing
wrongly that we can or do deserve any of this.

You deserve our best, and we are determined to deliver our best
effort as Baron and Baroness of Elfsea.  And you deserve to know
how very grateful we are to so very many people, for this barony,
this great honor and for the wonderful fashion in which we've been
launched in this new office.

Life surely is Good in Elfsea

- Galen & Allessandra