ES - Highland Games

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Sun May 21 13:50:39 PDT 2000

Yes a Yurt is a period use of a tent... although not in Europe.  It has been
used for 1000's of years in the Desert regions of Mongolia and surrounding
areas.  It is still in use today because it's sturdy and transportable.

Mine is just not very pretty... although it's different....  especially if
the walls are down and you can see the latticework walls.  I suggested it
for storage of fighter armor and sitting under when they're not fighting....
it is rather cool under it without the walls up and it's virtually
waterproof when it rains, (I'll seam-seal the seams before the Highland
Games)