ES - fighter practice

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Mon May 22 09:24:03 PDT 2000

>Most of us were at the Glaslyn event which pitched the Baron/Baroness
>of Elfsea against the Baron/Baroness of Steppes.

  It should also be noted, they switched partners as well so it was not
always Steppes vs. Elfsea.  More correctly it was a great sign and showing
of what I think will eventually become a strong friendship between the
baronies and their cantons.  It was even announced by all of Their
Excellencies next war the two baronies will camp together.
   On a personal level, it is very reassuring.  I originally came back to
the SCA in Stargate and I saw there the strengths Loch Soillier and Sargate
have from working together.  They even run a joint fighter practice.  To
this level I had heard a few comments about how nice it was to have a mix of
people to fight and know.

   As to the mini-tourney itself, on behalf of the Canton of Glaslyn, I
would like to thank their Excellencies of the Steppes and of Elfsea for
participating and encouraging our fighters, both heavy and light.  Thanks to
those who bore the duties of waterbearing and list mistressing.  A special
thanks to Lord Llew for hosting the tourney and for the ideas which made it
so much fun.
   I do not have a list of the winners handy, but it will be posted ASAP.

Godspeed,
Cyniric Cyniwarding, hyrnboda Glaslynes