ES - Highland Games and Period Pavilions

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Mon May 22 07:48:04 PDT 2000

Greetings, Elfsea,
Xene here.

It looks to me like we have six period pavilions, including Loch Ruadh's
pavilion.  Could we use the Tor's pavilion as well?  Do we need it?  What
about Their Excellencies small blue and white shade that we used as the
front gate for our Gulf War camp?  That would make a nice entryway to our
section and make people feel like they are entering a different area.

As for Arabella's Yurt, I think that she and Fearghus have hauled around
enough stuff for the Barony, and deserve a rest.  Honestly, I think we will
have trouble fitting all the period pavilions into the area that we are
getting, even with the merchants being gone.  What about tables for the A &
S stuff, the drinks, etc?

I would suggest that we use Aimee and Armand's blue and white round with the
walls for our private pavilion for stuff and use it as the arming pavilion .
And that someone remain at or near the door at all times.  There was a fair
in Austin where Duchess Alisha had put her brand new coronet on a table
within the arming pavilion.  She went to get it later and it was gone -
Stolen - and never seen again.

Another suggestion to all is to cover up all mundanity, keep your armor and
shields picked up and out of the sun, & have a trash receptical nearby to
keep trash picked up.

------

As far as the New Baronial Pavilion, I am still in favor of trying to have
it for Defender.  I don't believe that washing the old one will be enough,
but that is my personal opinion.  We had money budgeted for the new one, and
while we may have a budget shortfall, we should still have enough in the
treasury to cover it and still have two events a year.  There are other
budgeted amounts that we are not using and may not be using this year.  Can
we borrow from Peter to pay Paul?

Thank you for considering my suggestions and ideas.