ES - generations in Ansteorra

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 6 06:29:12 PST 2000

When I first started playing SCA many years ago people would still tell stories
of our wars with the Outlands. They would tell of Duke Micheal of Momouthshire
standing alone against the assembled armies of the Outlands and whisper "even
odds". I would here stories of Sir Burk and Sir Asoph standing together on the
field holding back a sea of foeman in the name of the Sable Star, before either
one of them had been called to wear the belt and chain of knights.

And I remember the news back from Pensic that Sir Barn had upon the field ask
that he be made a knight not on that day but only on the soil of his homeland.
Many other stories of our baronies, our shires and of our kingdom have faded
into mist as many people have come and gone in the Knowne World. Certainly it
would be nice to hear and tell these stories once again and remember even the
small acts of kindness and chivalry that make our past time the glorious game it
is.

At home in Elfsea
Darius