ES - Tanglewood Report

Tim Rayburn tim.rayburn at webmodal.com
Mon Nov 6 10:39:31 PST 2000

Well, in the muck of the day yesterday after days of rain on the site,
Anezka and I visited Tanglewood.  First let me say that the site was indeed
muddy, but in most areas there was enough cohesion of ground still not to be
'slippery' simply 'soft'  Any areas that had been dug up got soft, but that
is to be expected.  The roads were no problem at all.  They stood up to the
recent rains marvelously.  That is the worst news I have to report. :)

The best news is that, for our purposes, the list field area is done.  I was
utterly stupified at the amount of clearing that has been done.  There is an
area without any trees what-so-ever that is about 90'x90', which is bordered
by alot of land which is sparse trees.  There is enough land cleared in this
area to provide for 4 primary list fields, as well as one or two secondary
single-field list fields.  In addition to this there would be space around
the edges for camping.

As promised I have photos coming.  I took one picture of each of the
existing camping areas (though some do not show the extent of the camping in
that location).  The list field area is so cleared that it took three
panaramic shots on my advantix camera to even photograph it's extent.  I
will be creating a webpage and posting these photos this evening, as well as
having prints available at Business Meeting.

One note about list field area is that there is no ground cover at the
moment.  He will be spreading rye seed shortly to grass the entire area, and
then in the spring when it can be planted he will be putting out about a
pallet of solid sod St. Augestine grass, which will then begin to spread-out
and take over slowly, as it is like to do.

Timothy
Steward for Elfsea Springfaire