ES - Feast help

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 08:20:03 PST 2000

>Also, Bridgford Bread will not donate bread this
>year--any suggestions as to where we might get
>bread donated so that I do not have to bake 60+
>loaves? I understand that La Madeleine now
>donates their leftovers to local food banks, so I
>need an alternative.

Since this was a while ago and I don't know if the rules
have changed, but I was able to get bread from la Madeline's
for an event.  I remember I needed a letter from our
Seneschal and arranged to pick up the bread Thursday
or Friday before the event.  There was tons.  I think
they will do this, if you ask with lots of time in
advance (about a month?), and have the appropriate
status (non-profit).

Or we could have people donate breads for the feast.  I know
that I can make a couple of loaves of "beer bread".  Some
others might be willing to make regular loaves of bread,
or could at least run out to the markets and buy some of those
beautiful loaves of sun-dried tomato, peasant, seven grain, etc.

Mmmmm, I'm getting hungry.

Ciao,
Alessandra