ES - generations in Ansteorra

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Mon Nov 6 14:58:31 PST 2000

Xene here:

Just before I joined (in May 1978), there was an event in Ansteorra, perhaps
near Elfsea - Eagle Mountain Lake? - that had the Coronet tournament that
Randall won.  I heard stories of Ronald of Evergreen (Ronald of the
Evergreen Teeth was the not-nice nickname) who, along with others in a
kissing contest, managed to contract mononucleosis.  Needless to say, that
was the last public contest of that type.

Somewhere in a box, I have a copy of the "Sable Star"...the Principality
newsletter for Ansteorra and the Southwind...the Kingdom Newsletter for
Atenveldt.

One of my favorite memories is of Sir Axel coming up to me after the
Investiture Court where Llywelyn and I stepped up.  Sir Axel had travelled
to Ravenna and seen the mosaics of Justinian and Theodora himself, so when
he grabbed my forearm and told me "You looked just like her, like
Theodora!!", it gave me neatest feeling.

Reminiscing instead of sewing.

Xene

More on the Arthurian company later.